Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dinner - Epic Fail

As we are leaving swim practice, the girls ask what is for dinner. Pork tenderloin (which I took out of the freezer earlier) and home made bread (which was rising on the counter) I let them know. Maggie looks at me blankly and says, "But we want steak." Sorry buddy.

I get home and find the pork bordering on rock solid. Hmmm. Well, time for a substitution. Breakfast sausage, which my children consider a dinner food - they laugh when they see it at breakfast buffets, it would be. Oven heating and sausage in pan, I went upstairs to change out of my tennis gear.

Then the power went out.

We waited, hoping it would come back but in the end I declared it was peanut butter sandwich time. Said declaration was met with universal groans. Truth be told, I wasn't that hot on the idea either. And realizing my cell phone was at 1/4 power and my only charging plan was the car charger, I knew something had to be done. So we ditched the cold sandwiches and it was off to Little Caesars where $15.62 later, we had a couple of pizzas and some crazy bread. (I did have a coupon for free crazy bread at least.)

We drove back up to the house and, you know it, the power was back on. In the world of frugality, do I get credit for going to get the pizza rather than taking the more convenient but also more expensive delivery?

No comments:

Post a Comment